Peia - Chiesa di S.Antonio da Padova

Construction began in 1429 and it became a parish Church, gaining autonomy from Gandino in 1561.
Consecrated for the first time in 1614 after the structure was renovated during the 1700s, it was reconsecrated by Bishop Gian Paolo Dolfin on 25 April 1780.

Outstanding pictorial works include a pietà by Francesco Zucco, dated 1626, a Holy Trinity by Gian Paolo Cavagna dated 1627 and, as altarpiece, “L’Estasi di Sant’Antonio” (The Ecstasy of Saint Anthony) by Ponziano Loverini.

Video Peia