Gandino - cultura

The nativity scene tradition is deeply rooted in the communities of the Bergamo area. In the specific section of the prestigious [Museum of Sacred Art](bdiDgR1LJr), Gandino holds one of the most remarkable and extensive collections of Christmas compositions, a destination for experts and tourists from all over the world. Gandino’s…
Un concorso per “giovani artisti o sedicenti tali” under 25, utile a raccontare degrado e prospettiva futura dei centri storici nell’era social. E’ dotato di un ricco montepremi a Gandino il contest artistico “Instartown” aperto a quanti vorranno produrre dipinti, grafica, video, installazioni, progetti visivi e fotografie. L’iniziativa è promossa…
The Basilica Museum, which serves to house numerous works of art belonging to the parish, was inaugurated in 1929 (it was a forerunner of its kind and strongly backed by Monsignor Angelo Roncalli, who became Pope John XXIII). It primarily holds the extraordinary treasures that merchants and noble families donated…
Click here for download the complete brochure The first section of the Museum (set up in the Convent on Via Castello) tells the story of the Ursuline Sisters through works of art, objects used in daily life, and reconstructed settings and documents. A second section is dedicated to the missionary…
The old conduit of the Valle Concossola was once vital for the factories on the valley floor. Water supplies were guaranteed by an old conduit. Recent preservation work has restored bridges and canals creating an educational tour but also a fascinating itinerary for hikers.
La grande piazza Emancipazione è il cuore della comunità poiché non solo è il luogo dove , davanti alla cittadinanza convocata “more solito” e cioè “ad tolam ba-tutam et ad campanas sonatas” venne firmato l’atto di emancipazione dalla ser-vitù feudale (1233), ma anche perché è il centro della vita religiosa…
Dedicated to Saint Joseph, the church is located on the old Mirandola road, and is one of the oldest in the parish, dating back to the 16th century. The Confraternity of Saint Joseph, which each year coordinates festivities in honour of Saint Francis of Paola, is found there. It is…
We find the 16th century church of Santi Gottardo and Bartolomeo Apostolo above the town of Gandino in the hamlet of Cirano which has been an autonomous parish since 1969. Celebrations are held in devotion to the Blessed Virgin of Good Health, yearly between the end of July and beginning…
The Church of San Lorenzo in Barzizza (a parish church once) is dedicated to the saint martyred in 258 A.D. and patron of deacons, cooks and firefighters. The area where the Church is located above the current parish church of San Nicola, was once a hermitage and is now a…
Amongst a host of distinctive places, Gandino’s varied town plan features a remarkable number of holy buildings which dot the village’s outline and surround the greatest of these buildings: the Basilica dell’Assunta. In canonical jargon, these churches are referred to as subsidiaries and were built in different periods between the…
The name “del Suffragio” (of Suffrage) with which all Gandino inhabitants refer to this church is connected to the presence of the altar for the deceased and the worship of the Addolorata (Our Lady of Sorrow), however in reality the church (which in found at the end of the Basilica…
The convent stands in Ruviali community (ad Ruviales) and today is the site of a nursing home, was built in the last thirty years of the 15th century for minor friars observing the Rule of Saint Francis. Due to generous donations from private persons and certainly no less generous support…
The “Giardino del Mais” is the site of a life-sized reproduction of one of seventeen monolithic stones belonging to the pre-Columbian Olmec civilisation, preserved at the Museo de la Venta de Villahermosa in Mexico. The original cast was authorised by the Mexican government in 1992 on the fifth centenary of…
The town plan of the historic urban settlement of Gandino is medieval, despite the fact the majority of its buildings were built subsequently. Its winding streets, once interrupted by internal doorways and the open spaces of squares dominated by important monuments, have shaped this town significantly. In one of these…
The Scarlatti Dye-Works in Prat Serval today is a small farmstead at the beginning of the road towards Valpiana. It was once appointed to creating the highly prized “Gandino scarlet” dye, a vivid red which also intrigued Garibaldi. The red shirts of the Thousand, departing from Quarto in 1860, were…
The Ciodera Torri is probably the last industrial building of its kind still in existence in Italy. It was used until a few decades ago for hanging and drying woollen baize cloths of which Gandino was a thriving manufacturer from 1400 onward. It was restored for exhibition and educational purposes…

Facebook Fan Page

 
 

Iscriviti alla newsletter

Iscriviti alla newsletter settimanale per rimanere sempre aggiornato sugli eventi e le novità del territorio!
Please wait

VISIT WWW.MAIS-SPINATO.IT

il mais spinato di gandino